Mister Hizzle Welcomes All

I would like to thank you for visiting my site and I hope you enjoy the different topics I discuss as well as personal interests in my life.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Beijing Olympics

8.8.08 is when it all comes to a head when the opening ceremonies for the Olympic Games in Beijing commences. But right now are the Olympic Trials which are exciting as ever. The reason I enjoy the trials is because no one is guaranteed a spot on the Olympic team without competing no matter how good they are. Take track and field. If you qualify for the trials and are the best in the world but do not finish in the top three in the 100 meters then guess what, you are not going ot the Olympic games. I like this because it makes the top athletes perform under pressure to just make the Olympic team.

I am excited to see the Olympic games come August. It's always cool to see the top athletes from the U.S. compete against the world's best. It gives me a sense of pride when the American athletes are out there competing for this country. Some of my favorite sports to watch at the Olympics are basketball, swimming and track and field.

Basketball for obvious reasons as it dominated my life for a while. Though I don't play that much anymore I still follow the NBA and college game closely and really enjoy seeing the top players on a day in and day out basis in the NBA season. The Olympics are great in that you get to see the top american players from each NBA team play with one another for the Olympic games.

Swimming is also a favorite of mine because it's amazing to see how fast these guys/girls swim in these different events. I don't know a lot of the swimmers right now except for Michael Phelps so I will be following his performance closely in the Olympic Trials as well as the Games in Beijing. I have heard though that if he wins a few more medals that he will be the most decorated Olympic athlete from the U.S. ever. Also I feel if he swims well and brings home some medals again that he will become more of a household name. However swimming is rarely ever on TV except for the the Olympics once every four years.

Track and field is by far my favorite sport to watch in the Olympics. I love the 100 meters, 200 meters, 400 meters and the 800 meters. I also love the hurdles. The reason why this sport is soo great to watch is because it's basically mano on mano with the best man winning. If you are faster you win, simple as that. Also the races I mentioned are fast and short so they have a lot of drama. Some athletes I am looking forward to seeing are Tyson Gay in the 100m and Bershawn "Batman" Jackson in the 400 meter hurdles. I am also excited to to see the U.S.A. 4 by 100 meter and 4 by 400 meter relay teams as well. Some of the female athletes I am excited to see are Allyson Felix in the 200 meters and Tori Edwards in the 100 meters.

So sit back and enjoy the Olympic Trials and Games. It should be a great one!

1 comment:

Bradley Hilton said...

The Olympics are all fine and good, but where's the wedding post? :)