Mister Hizzle Welcomes All

I would like to thank you for visiting my site and I hope you enjoy the different topics I discuss as well as personal interests in my life.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Beijing Olympics Update

So this weekend was my birthday. Great time I must say with a few close friends and my younger bro. They definitely made it a memorable one for me so I am appreciative of that.

NOW onto the the Beijing Olympics. I have mainly been focused on gymnastics, swimming and basketball.

Gymnastics-I have to say this is one of the most impressive sports when it comes to strength and balance. To see the strength the men posses on the still rings is ridiculous and the way the women are able to swing on the uneven bars and jump up and down and all around on the balance beam is unreal as well. One observation I made over the first two days of gymnastics is how strong and well drilled at their routines the Chinese gymnasts are. Granted the men have a more solid team than the women but both teams could potentially win the gold medal. The USA women's team looked decent the other day and it was enjoyable to watch the USA men compete hard and well as they are underdogs. But they are doin their best and not listening to the criticism and are doing awesome thus far.

Swimming-Well it all begins and ends with Michael Phelps. Phelps won his first gold in the 400m individual medlay where he was supposed to be rivaled by his teammate Ryan Lochte. However Phelps smoked him on the last turn and that was it. Then last night was the best race of this Olympics thus far...the 4*100m freestyle relay. France earlier in the day said how they were going to smash the Americans in this race. The Americans were losing going into the last 50m when their anchor Jason Lezak turned in an incredible split and smashed France's dreams of gold and kept Phelps hopes of 8 gold medals on track with 2/2 thus far. What a great race, I watched it 3 times on DVR it was soo good!

Basketball-As you know this is my favorite sport. Seeing Team USA playing their first game on the Olympics as the REDEEM TEAM was pretty cool Going against China the atmosphere was surreal with dignitaries including George Bush in attendance. USA started out slow and China hit a ton of threes to keep it close. However starting mid second quarter team USA turned this game into one full of dunks, HARD DUNKS, and steals. It was like going down to Rucker Park and total dominance on the defensive end of the floor followed by a dunkathon. Straight Gangsta!! Loved it Man.

Anyways thats all for my take on the Olympics thus far. I hope everyone is enjoying them as well!

No comments: