Mister Hizzle Welcomes All

I would like to thank you for visiting my site and I hope you enjoy the different topics I discuss as well as personal interests in my life.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Boston Celtics

Well I was a little sad that the Boston Celtics beat the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals. However, part of me is happy for the Big Three in Boston. Kobe already has three rings and none of the Celtics Big Three had any. When the final buzzer sounded in Game 6 it was really sweet to see Kevin Garnett full of emotion screaming at the top of his lungs "anything is possible." Over the years I have watched KG play a lot and he always has that fire burning on the court. I really feel that he sincerely loves to play the game of basketball with a ton of passion and he works so hard at it that you cant be but happy for him finally making the NBA finals and winning a championship ring. Ray Allen, another great player. Has had a great career with the Bucks and the Sonics before he became a Celtic. Seeing him in the boston green this year was different but he again is another player who really works hard as his craft. Consistently the first one out on the court shooting jumpers before games and just putting the time in needed to be a star even in the latter stages of his career is very impressive. So I was really happy to see him finally break through and get a ring as well. Then we have "The Truth" Paul Pierce. He has been the leader of this franchise for awhile now. Enduring the good times and the bad. He is a special player and the MVP performance he put up in this Finals was one for the ages. Kobe Bryant is the best player in basketball at the moment but Paul Pierce outplayed him consistently in the Finals.

The Lakers will be back and will be a contender in the West once Andrew Bynum comes back as long as he successfully recovers from surgery. I still feel the Celtics have one or two more years in them to contend for a title. It's easier for a team to advance out of the East compared to the powerful Western Conference and I feel the Big Three are now even hungrier to win because they have finally had a sweet taste of what it feels like to be a champion.

No comments: