Mister Hizzle Welcomes All

I would like to thank you for visiting my site and I hope you enjoy the different topics I discuss as well as personal interests in my life.

Monday, June 30, 2008

NBA Draft 2008











So three out of the four past years my co-workers and I have made it a yearly ritual to go to the NBA Draft which is held at Madison Square Garden in the Theatre. This year the draft was going to be an exciting as all of last year's top prospects from high school had to go to school for a year to be eligible for the draft under the new NBA guidelines. So all the superstars were in the draft this year that might have otherwise been in it last year.

One of the reason I love the NBA Draft is because all of the top players are in one place at one time and you get to see the whole draft unfold live. You get to see Jay Bilas, Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy, Stuart Scott and Stephen A. Smith talk to/about the players live while the draft is going on and the suspense as to who will be selected is breathtaking.

The first few picks went as I expected. Derrick Rose to the Bulls, Michael Beasley to the Heat and O.J. Mayo to the Timberwolves. However when it came to the sixth pick the Knicks were up and the crowd was excited. I really thought the Knicks would take Jerryd Bayless from Arizona as he was an explosive guard who could really help them out. Instead they went with Danilo Gallinari. He is an Italian who supposedly is going to be a great player in the league but he is unproven. The crowd, me included, booed the pick loudly. After all the discontent from the crowd I felt kinda bad for the guy in a sense but if he proves himself New Yorkers will suppport him like no other.

We stayed for the rest of the first round of the draft and watched the remaining picks. The next day I turned on Sportscenter and saw the reaction of the crowd when Gallinari was picked. Long behold there was Dave and I on the screen caught booing the poor guy. However, it was pretty neat to be on TV at the draft and all in all it was a great experience with the fellow co-workers once again. I look forward to next year's draft already!!

No comments: