Mister Hizzle Welcomes All

I would like to thank you for visiting my site and I hope you enjoy the different topics I discuss as well as personal interests in my life.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Cornell or Duke...

It was quite interesting this Sunday when I watched the Cornell vs. Duke basketball game. I was in quite a situation... See I went to Cornell and was recruited to play basketball there. Even though I realized playing basketball in college wasn't an aspiration of mine after playing on the team a short time I still followed the team and went to some of their games cheering them on. From time to time i go to the Big Red sports site to see how the team is doing.

Now to Duke...I went to Duke basketball camp for 3 years from the ages of 14-16. Going to Durham for those 3 summers was such a special time in my life. I always looked forward to stepping off the plane and being met by the Duke bball van and the camp counselors that over time I became friendly with. I was in awe the first time I went to Duke. Getting to run drills with current players at the time like Trajan Langdon and Jeff Capel was a thrill and getting to see and meet Duke greats such as Coach K and Bobby Hurley is something I will never forget. Also being inside Cameron is an experience of its own. So much history, where some legends were made such as Jeff Capels buzzer beater against Carolina from half court back in the mid 90s.

So when the game came on Sunday night I decided to go with Cornell. First time I have ever picked a team to win against Duke. Cornell played a great game and hustled throughout. Even though Duke won the game in the end Cornell made them fight for everything and for that I'm proud of the Big Red.

No comments: