Mister Hizzle Welcomes All

I would like to thank you for visiting my site and I hope you enjoy the different topics I discuss as well as personal interests in my life.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Basketball Reunion





Ten years ago the Westhampton Beach High School boys basketball team made history. They went 28-0 winning the class B state and federation titles in New York State. This past friday the team gathered at the high school to be honored before the last home game of the season for the high school team.

What a great time it was. Getting to see old teammates and coaches was soo great. It gave me chills to be back on that court after ten years and having people applaud you when your name is mentioned. During the high school team's game we sat as a group and cheered the boys on. Two of the assistant coaches when I played (Jack and Bill) currently coach the team and they were running some of the same plays we ran 10 years ago. Dwayne said, "they are running the trap and it is giving me chills!" I knew exactly what he meant because it brought back memories (great memories) from a decade ago.

Sitting in the coaches locker room before the game and reminiscing with my old teammates and coaches was priceless. We talked about anything and everything and soo much excitement filled the air. All of us know how special a bond we have. Being the only team in long island history to ever go undefeated and win everything is an amazing accomplishment that all of us are soo proud of and knowing we did it with childhood friends makes it that much more special. With most of us growing up together and playing together from the age of 8 and 9 accomplishing what we did on the basketball court was special.

After the game we shot around a little bit on the court. I was shooting threes from halfcourt, dwayne and lucion were throwing down nasty dunks. Roc was hitting his threes and talking smack and everyone was just having a good time. After a bit we headed to Finn McCools and hungout some more and just caught up with one another.

As the night ended I had a huge smile on my face. It was probably one of the most happy days in my life thus far because seeing everyone together and soo happy to see one another after all of these years was priceless. What a great night we had and I look forward to our next get together in the future.

No comments: