Mister Hizzle Welcomes All

I would like to thank you for visiting my site and I hope you enjoy the different topics I discuss as well as personal interests in my life.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Rivalry

Duke and North Carolina. A storied rivalry. The biggest in college basketball and one of the most intense rivalries in all of sports was resumed tonight. Duke pretty much held the lead the whole game and wound up beating Carolina which is always great. Regarding the game I have a few observations:

1) Duke won the game but Ty Lawson didnt play because of a sprained ankle. He is Carolina's floor general and without him in the game Carolina is just not the same team. Thus even though Duke won I feel they should have because Carolina was missing their star point guard.

2) Duke's inside presence is drastically lacking. Tyler Hansbrough just manhandled the Duke big men as did the other bigs on Carolina. Granted Duke played them tough but I really feel that their lack of an inside presence might hurt them down the road in the NCAA tourney..

3) Greg Paulus is playing great. He is hitting most of his threes and just playing great basketball right now. Lets hope he keeps it up!

4) Duke's perimeter game is probably the best in all of college basketball. They spread the floor soo well, can all shoot and dribble and play soo well together. This is what will carry Duke for the rest of the year.

Anyways I'm glad Duke won this game. Now they are in the driver's seat for the ACC regular season title.

No comments: