Mister Hizzle Welcomes All

I would like to thank you for visiting my site and I hope you enjoy the different topics I discuss as well as personal interests in my life.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Harlem Wizards Game





So a few weeks ago that 98 state championship team from westhampton beach gathered once again for a charity basketball game at the local high school against the Harlem Wizards. Now we really didnt know what to expect..All we knew was that we would be playing one quarter against the Harlem Wizards while the rest of the game would be the Wizards playing around with the westhampton beach teachers and students.

Personally it was my goal to not embarass myself. haha. I just wanted to fit in and put in a serviceable effort as I had really not been playing ball much more than once a week and that had only been for the past couple months. However I knew my game was good enough to play with these guys somewhat.

Jermain and I headed out to the Hamptons early and most of us got to the high school early to get some shots up. So by the time game time rolled around I felt pretty comfortable with my shot. I couldn't believe how many people came to the game. Literally there were people sitting on the baselines 3 deep and also the stands were packed. The place brought back memories of how we used to pack the gym back in the day when we played.

When we all got on the court for that quarter against the Harlem Wizards I was a little nervous. But once the ball was thrown in the air i felt a sense of relief come over me. Maybe it was because I was playing with my old teammates or because I was in a familiar environment. Granted we weren't in the best of basketball shape but getting that first pass from Dwayne and hitting a long three and hearing the crowd go crazy and see my teammates excited just like old times was priceless. It was a feeling I cannot describe, just one full of enjoyment. Seeing Jermain hit Dwayne with that alley-oop pass for the throw down and hearing the crowd roar was awesome. Seeing Mike Ford bang down low and score and Jeremy do his thing with ball was just awesome to experience again.

It was such a great time. Great to see everyone and play for a charitable cause. Lots off money was raised which was most important but for an experience I would have to say this was one I will remember the rest of my life.

No comments: